The AI/CV team is working on powering products that incorporate computer vision into the fitness domain. We are looking for an experienced engineering manager who is passionate about and has a track record of building computer vision and machine learning powered consumer products to join this team.ResponsibilitiesTeam
- Evolve AI/CV product and technical roadmap and drive for its execution.
- Manage and grow a team of machine learning engineers and software engineers responsible for delivering to that roadmap.
- Establish processes to effectively improve machine learning, engineering and operational excellence.
- Identify and drive the adoption of new technologies, architecture and skill sets for the team to take on new challenges.
- Partner closely with Recruiting to identify and hire strong candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members.
- Coach and mentor team members. Foster their career growth through setting objectives, regular feedback, and sharing best practices.
- Lead by example to actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Collaborate across the organization with Engineering, Product, Product Analytics, Program Management, and others to develop short- and long-term roadmaps and execution plans.
- Collaborate within the AI/CV team to identify data/infrastructure needs that support project goals.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects; Manage program and project risks appropriately; Identify and mitigate internal and cross-functional dependencies and blockers.
- Lead with a “members first” mentality, and how individual projects enrich the overall experience for end users.
- Drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impact to product experience.
- Leverage a strong technical foundation and experience to provide appropriate guidance in a team of senior and staff machine learning engineers and software engineers.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related quantitative field with a focus on computer vision, machine learning and mathematics. Strong background in software engineering.
- 3+ years of technical management experience.
- 5+ years of combined machine learning and software development experience. Demonstrable experience building and deploying machine learning systems in production.
- Experience building consumer computer vision based products in use by potentially millions of users.
- Experience deploying computer vision models on edge devices with compute constraints.
- Experience setting a strong vision and roadmap for the team; Actively involved in setting team’s long term goals and execution plans.
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team.
- Demonstrable experience shipping several large projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring engineers at different stages in their career, including senior and staff level engineers. Able to demonstrate the ability to identify the strength and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness.
- Experience hiring talented engineers at different levels.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in will be based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.