Senior Engineering Manager (Front End) at Harry's Inc.
About the Team
Harry's is a next-generation consumer packaged goods company focused on expanding and strengthening our DTC brands. The engineering team launches and maintains the software that supports these brands. We value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
The engineering team at Harry's is responsible for building full-stack services to support all e-commerce activities. These systems range from order and fulfillment systems, to customer facing websites.
About the Role
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Development Manager to join our Engineering team to focus on developing and managing a talented team of engineers and lead them in building out our cutting edge technology stack to support our multi-brand vision. This role will focus on setting and communicating clear technical strategy; hiring, developing and managing engineers; and leading the delivery of our newer brands. You possess an understanding of technology, business, and people, and are able to balance the three when making decisions about what and how to execute.
In this role, you’ll be ensuring that our technical capabilities keep pace with our business goals while keeping technical quality and engineering rigor front of mind. Systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Build processes that drive technical accountability within the team, identifying process bottlenecks, and clearing any potential roadblocks for the engineers.
- Introduces improvements to the team’s SDLC processes, ensuring the team writes quality code that follows the -ilities (reliability, scalability, testability, monitorability, etc.) and regularly tracking, sharing, and improving metrics to improve the team’s efficiency and quality of work in order to produce performant teams.
- Contributes the team’s success by providing feedback on pull requests and reviewing the overall architecture of features that are being delivered.
- Independently plans and executes changes to team staffing and technical assignments in service of company goals: identifying gaps, defining roles, and managing team size.
- Partners with Architects to ensure the team builds flexible systems and processes, working towards simple, straightforward solutions and reducing complexity when possible.
- Partners effectively with Product to manage scope and define deliverables for the roadmap based on estimates that get refined over time, responsible for all resource assignments and communicating timeline, scope, and technical concerns to partners.
- Partners with Product to identify high-value projects and keeps the team focused on these projects, ensuring project scope and technical deliverables are met.
- Identify areas of technical debt, do the cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt, and work with Product to get the work added to the roadmap.
This should describe you:
- Have 8+ years of experience engineering front-end systems, 4 or more of which include people management experience.
- Technical: you are able to engage in technical discussions, ask the right questions, engage at a helpful level and sniff out suboptimal decisions, and advocate for and teach good ones. Your team does not have to translate for you.
- Deeply curious: You are driven to understand our business, product, and technology, and to apply that knowledge to create better outcomes for our business, product, customer and team.
- Incisive: You think clearly and analytically. You fairly and holistically evaluate tradeoffs, and have the intellectual reasoning to get the right answer most of the time.
- Exceptional coach and mentor: You enjoy and know how to grow people and talent. Individuals who work with you come away from conversations excited to learn from you and better-equipped to make an impact.
- Exceptional recruiter: You are able to paint a compelling vision for engineering at Harry's, understand candidates' motivations, and connect the dots to get candidates excited to make an impact and grow here.
- Proactive, and moves with urgency & purpose: When you see problems, you dispatch them efficiently. When you see risk, you call it out and work to address it. When you see opportunity, you pursue it relentlessly.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to create and manage roadmaps and track and improve team velocity
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of Engineering.
- Working with the new brands engineering team.
- Cross-functionally working with our infrastructure services backend engineers.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.