Senior Engineering Manager, MediaGuard at HUMAN
At HUMAN we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
The MediaGuard team is a multi-functional team of R&D humans focused primarily on solving the set of problems faced by Ad Tech platforms, agencies and brands in ensuring the delivery of digital advertising to humans. You will be the servant leader responsible for developing innovative, comprehensive and efficient solutions that will be coordinated into various parts of the Ad Tech ecosystem to analyze, explain and prevent various types of fraudulent and nonstandard activities. You and your team will look for new ways to uncover fraud and highlight patterns of abuse that only HUMAN can deliver given our history of successfully reducing sophisticated IVT across programmatic advertising.What you will do:
- Support the delivery of solutions to the most important problems facing the customers who depend on the capabilities provided by our Ads Integrity product
- Apply Lean Software Development practices to eliminate waste, amplify learning, empower the team, build quality in and deliver software as fast as possible
- Develop highly engaged teams of software developers, data scientists, and threat researchers who can own solving hard problems autonomously and delight their end users all while maintaining a healthy work life balance
- Reinforce a culture of trust, accountability and dedication to delivering high quality work that the team can be proud of
- Join customer calls to facilitate processes for onboarding new integrations and support troubleshooting and analysis discussions. To scale yourself, guide team members how to do this as well
- Work with a team of uniquely hardworking engineers who love to learn, experiment, and push the limits of modern technology
- Participate in building an outstanding culture that emphasizes lean principles and optimizes for deep work, collaboration and doing the best work of your career
- You have a proven track record of successfully leading the delivery of robust solutions to sophisticated problems across teams of software professionals
- You have strong functional skills in a particular area of software development, possess domain experience for the areas you’ve led and have developed a thorough set of management skills
- You care about people and appreciate the role you play in the development of their careers and environment for them to do their best work
- You are a believer in servant leadership and would serve our customers by developing other servant leaders who can empathize with their end-users and tackle their problems
- You reason from first principles and evaluate options rigorously
- You are open, collaborative, and transparent in how you work
- You have excellent verbal and written language skills, especially when talking about code and systems
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Learning & Development fund
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.