Peloton is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for our Multimedia and New Technology Initiatives team. This team is helping build products that empower our customers to be the very best version of themselves, anywhere, anytime. The Multimedia & New Technology Initiatives team is responsible for driving the next generation Audio and Camera architectures across a multi-disciplinary team, including BSP, Hardware and Product Development. The team is responsible for implementation and actual delivery of the final product experience, while working cross functionally to drive trade-offs in technologies, customer experiences, cost, features, and other product parameters.
The candidate should have a proven track record of leading teams through developing complex hardware technology and working through ambiguity. This candidate should also have a deep understanding of the phases of hardware development and how best to organize, develop and orchestrate a project end to end.
- You will be an essential part of new product development engineering efforts, with a focus on Audio and Video technologies.
- Manage a team of talented engineers and will be responsible for new features and system architecture for the next generation of devices.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment and understand specifications and workflows to help establish software processes and deliver high-quality products on time.
- Lead engineering team through designing, implementation and testing of our next generation multimedia architecture for Android based systems across various SoC platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
- Extensive experience and understanding of android multimedia (camera and audio) architecture across the whole hardware and software stack.
- Program management background, and will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects.
- Well-rounded technical understanding of systems engineering and architecture of consumer electronic products.
- Strong development and debugging skills with the ability to be hands on as needed
- Proven track record of leading teams through developing complex hardware technology and working through ambiguity.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Comprehends and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
Good to Have
- 7+ years of experience in managing engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance management.
- 10+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services.
- 10+ years of experience with Linux, Android, open-source software, or mobile SoCs.
- Experience shipping consumer products.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.