Senior Engineering Manager, Product Platform at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to direct and scale teams within the Product Platform group, which develops shared services essential to Squarespace’s feature roadmap and external acquisitions. In this role, you’ll report to the Director of Product Platform and coach three teams to achieve high-quality technology products and services, working in partnership with technical and product leadership.
- Grow engineers across multiple teams through coaching, mentoring and feedback
- Coach Team Leads and empower them to support and guide their teams
- Partner with other leaders to influence product, architectural and organizational choices
- Thoughtfully negotiate and clarify engineering priorities across teams and align them with larger product goals
- 5+ Experience managing multiple teams of software engineers
- Experience designing highly-scalable and distributed backend systems in a microservice architecture
- Experience with Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and distributed systems
- A deep passion for mentoring engineering teams
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.