Senior Engineering Manager at Ro
What you'll do:
- Contribute actively towards the development and structure of the organization, including team structure, recruiting, and hiring .
- Lead multiple highly adaptable teams that can responsibly deliver on short-term and long-term business goals.
- Establish teams with high degrees of trust and safety that encourage open and honest discussion and exchange of differing views.
- Establish team goals and metrics that align the team toward the execution of the company strategy and vision.
- Encourage innovation, development, and growth at every level of the company.
- Develop talent and grow your team into a high performing healthy development organization by helping them be successful through strong delegation, 1:1s, and regular actionable feedback.
- Partner with the Product Managers, Product Designers, and Data Team to help define the strategy, roadmap, and support with technical design, work-breakdown, implementation, testing, and deployment of features.
- Partner with Product Managers to define quarter and year-long strategic roadmaps tied to org growth KPIs.
- Work across squads to optimize our development cycle, technical design, and feature documentation processes.
- Establish velocity benchmarks across the Product Growth org.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years track record of building high performing, healthy teams that addressed increasingly complex technical and organizational challenges.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships across the organization, from other engineering managers and the individual contributors who report to them to the product managers and designers their reports work with, to their peers & the leadership team.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Track record of performing successfully as a Senior SWE
- Experience leading product engineering teams focused on growth.
- Experience developing consumer-facing products.
- Experience with experimentation, A/B tests, and CRO.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment workflows and tools.
- Test-Driven Development experience.
- Start-up experience.
- Familiar with HIPAA.
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen