Senior ETL Engineer
JW Player is seeking a Senior ETL Engineer to join our Strategy & Operations team. As an ETL Engineer reporting to the Director of Strategy & Operations, you will leverage your technical skills to support and resolve business intelligence challenges through the organization and dissection of a vast array of disparate data sources. This position will be responsible for integrating our CRM, marketing, payment, and internal systems to drive business transformation. This role will work closely with both the Product & Engineering teams, specifically the SVP of Data and DevOps, as well as C-level management, specifically the CEO, COO, and CFO.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a talented team of engineers, data scientists, and product managers in an agile engineer environment where you build fast, fail fast, and fix fast.
- Work with teams across the organization to help design data marts and data warehouses to power our business intelligence initiatives.
- Design and implement production class extraction, transformation and load processes across teams and technologies.
- Test your designs at scale to ensure the system runs smoothly and accurately.
- Analyze the business’s requirements to design the best in class ETL processes.
- Collaborate on Database design including star and snowflake schemas.
- Work with Business Intelligence tools such as Looker to help define the business level abstraction layer and consult on the building of dashboards and reports.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or comparative engineering experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with an ETL tool such as Kettle/PDI, Talend, Informatica, etc.
- High level of proficiency in SQL and database design/architecture (relational and star schema)
- Experience working with coding languages and technologies. This includes knowledge of some of the following and a willingness to learn more: Python, Java, Relational/Columnar databases, MongoDB/NoSql, etc.
- Comfortable working in a Cloud environment, ideally AWS. You will work closely with the DevOps team to define infrastructure and tooling to support the business intelligence efforts. True collaboration comes from mutual understanding and an open sharing of ideas.
- Obsession with code quality. Whether it's pure unit tests, integration tests, or both, you know you are responsible for your code working correctly and can easily validate this with tests.
- Enjoy working with other engineers. You recognize there are multiple ways to engineer a solution and are happy to learn and share knowledge.
About JW Player
If you've watched video on the web, you already know us. JW Player is a venture-funded, online video software company based in Manhattan. Our flagship product, the JW Player, is deployed on over 2 million websites and streams billions of videos each month. Started in 2008 as the world’s first open source video player, today the company’s customers span the globe across 193 countries and range from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. We’re busy innovating for the future by actively hiring smart, motivated, and innovation-driven people! Come help us imagine and define what comes next! For more information, see http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.