Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking an experienced Senior Firmware Engineer to join the team! As a technical expert and leader around technical and architecture design, you will solve our toughest challenges and build new features within the firmware and other Latch engineering teams. You will have broad responsibilities in the Firmware org, and be a key mentor to individual contributors. You will be a technical owner for projects and products that span across all embedded devices. You have a broad engineering background and are comfortable running projects outside your immediate area of expertise. Intellectual diversity, an open mind, and a willingness to mentor younger engineers are crucial in this role. As our products and organization scale, you must balance both technical acumen and mentorship, with a willingness to get your hands dirty in technical design, code, and prototypes.
Participate in design, development and delivery of high quality firmware for a variety of embedded devices.
● Collaborate with the electrical engineering team to design and validate reliable platforms.
● Develop robust firmware tests to ensure product quality.
● Lead and influence multiple teams of engineers concurrently while partnering on broad
● Track record of ideation and innovating technology at scale
● Lead and participate in technical discussions across engineering and product teams
- Bachelor/Masters Degree in EE/CS
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in system design, engineering, and architecture
- Excellent C programming skills
- Excellent grasp of CS fundamentals (Algorithms, Data structures, Design patterns)
- Strong understanding and hands on experience of RTOS concepts and fundamentals
- Knowledge of IoT communication technology stacks like BLE/Zigbee/Thread, TCP/IP, MQTT, TLS/SSL and cryptographic standards is a plus.
- Deep knowledge of electrical concepts and comfortable reading hardware schematics and debugging hardware at a board level
- A high level understanding of how modern day distributed systems work. Experience with AWS and associated services is a plus
- Experience working in cross functional teams with multiple technical stakeholders across multiple products is a plus
- Proven sense of ownership, dedication, and commitment
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural team spanning multiple locations
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice