Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Senior Firmware Test Automation Engineer. This role will be an integral part of the QA and Test Engineering team with emphasis on development and implementation of test automation for LATCH’s Embedded Systems Software/Firmware. You will continuously improve our ability to test more thoroughly, find bugs more quickly, and test a wide variety of products through innovative automation to deliver the highest quality and best features to our customers.
You will work within a highly cross-functional feature team and collaborate closely with mobile, backend and hardware engineers. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our entire product family through more advanced electronics.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Develop automated test scripts and suites to ensure product specification is being met
- Ensure highly reliable functional and stress testing is running consistently across a range of products
- Work closely with Firmware developers as they implement features to ensure testability and design tests in parallel
- Improve development processes by suggesting and driving innovative automated test strategies
- Create and maintain test fixtures and set-ups needed to run automated testing
- Track and communicate test results clearly to the cross-functional team
- BS or above in EE/CS or equivalent
- 2 years experience with QA/Automation/Test Engineering
- Strong knowledge of C and any one scripting language (Python preferred)
- Experience with firmware, microcontrollers, and embedded systems
- Familiarity with version control, results reporting, and test management tools
- Experience with deploying a Jenkins, CI/CD test environment
- Working knowledge of developing code on a single-board computer such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi
- Ability to use test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers
- Technical understanding of IoT devices
- Experience with wireless devices and communication protocols
- Familiarity with development and debugging tools used in Firmware development
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice