Senior Firmware Test Automation Engineer at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Senior Firmware Test Automation Engineer to work with the QA, Test Engineering & Support Engineering team. There will be an emphasis on roadmap development and implementation of test automation for Latch's Embedded Systems Software and Firmware.
You will work within highly cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with firmware, mobile, backend and hardware engineers. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our entire product family through more advanced electronics.
- Create test scripts and suites to ensure product specification is being met
- Work closely with Firmware developers as they implement features to ensure requirements are being fulfilled
- Conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure a high reliability and quality metrics
- Define and drive innovative automated test strategies into the software development process
- Work closely with product and QA engineers to create and drive a roadmap for the qa and applications team
- Create and maintain automation test fixtures and set-ups needed to run automated testing
- Work closely with support and applications engineers to ensure seamless deployment and high product reliability metrics in the field
- BS or above in EE/CS or equivalent
- 8 plus years’ experience with QA/Automation/Test/Applications Engineering
- Strong desire for mentorship
- Experience building QA and Automation roadmaps
- Experience working with high volume consumer/industrial IoT devices
- Strong knowledge of testing devices running on bare metal/RTOS
- Strong knowledge of testing devices running on Linux/Android
- Strong knowledge of C and any one scripting language (python preferred)
- Experience with analyzing test data. Working knowledge of MongoDB/SQL preferred
- Experience with deploying a Jenkins, CI/CD test environment
- Working knowledge of developing code on a single-board computer such as Arduino/Raspberry Pi etc.
- Working knowledge of debugging equipment such as Meters, Oscilloscopes, Logic analyzers etc.
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice