Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Senior Functional Firmware Test Engineer to work with the Firmware, Test Engineering & Support Engineering team.
You will be responsible for creating and performing testing on our firmware based products that residents interact with daily. You will own the entire device, testing for stability, responsiveness, security, and communication with connected products. You will work within highly cross- functional feature teams and collaborate closely with firmware, mobile, backend and hardware engineers. It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our entire product family through more advanced electronics.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Drive test creation for new products and features at the embedded systems level
- Partner with firmware developers to understand designs, identify risks, and implement efficient test plans to find bugs quickly and ensure requirements are met
- Work closely with product teams to define requirements and ensure high quality firmware releases
- Coordinate with automation development team to plan efficient test coverage, allowing the team to find bugs early and release high quality new features quickly
- Execute manual and automated tests, and monitor data from internal and external usage to identify issues
- Create internal and external test reports for test efforts and test releases
- BA/BS degree in EE or CS or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of firmware, microcontrollers, and embedded systems
- Experience debugging hardware and firmware
- Familiarity with automated testing and at least one coding language such as Python
- Knowledge of network and communication protocols such as WiFi, Bluetooth, or UART
- Comfortable working in direct collaboration with UX, Product, Program, Development and external QA teams
- Ability to create test efforts via all major types of tests (functional, regression,
- performance, integration, stress, etc.)
- Experience with creating and executing black, grey and white box testing at the firmware and product level
- Skilled at communicating plans, issues, and risk clearly and concisely
- Extensive experience with bug/issues tracking tools such as JIRA, etc.
- Ability to work well independently and in close collaboration with a remote team
- Experience with RTOS and Linux on embedded platforms
- Knowledge of low-powered systems
- Familiarity with low-level debug tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, multimeters)
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Applicant Privacy Notice