Senior Front End Engineer, AI at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding. Currently, reopening of offices is planned for January 2022.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You’re a Front End Engineer who has experience and/or interest in working with AI scientists to implement rapid, near production quality prototypes, and production-ready front-end features. You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world and ensuring systems are developed with end-user needs in mind. You are a builder of solutions that directly contribute to products and are eager to have a large impact on product vision, design, and development. You want to advance the state of the art by working closely with AI scientists to implement novel approaches for augmenting human workflows, and have the skillset to develop engineering solutions to solve real problems in production, at scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop production quality prototypes and deliver production-ready solutions.
- Work closely with user researchers, designers, AI scientists, product managers, and engineering to build new products and implement new features for augmenting human workflows.
- Take charge of many aspects of the front-end process including requirements gathering, UI and workflow design, developing and demonstrating prototypes, and implementing production-ready features.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing and new products).
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have a significant impact.
- M.S. in Computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in front-end development.
- Strong design sense and skills to build visually appealing prototypes that also follow good user interaction guidelines and integrate well with existing and new workflows.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, SASS, SCSS, LESS.
- Experience working with AI scientists and/or building systems for human-AI collaboration.
- Experience building data visualizations (e.g., D3).
- Experience working with the Human Centered Design process.
- Experience with Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq, or similar tools.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-BM#LI-Remote
US RESIDENTS ONLY (Excluding Texas and Montana):
As a federal contractor, Dataminr is subject to President Biden’s Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring most, if not all, workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Because of this federal mandate, Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.”
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or medical reasons should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.