Senior Front-End Engineer, Channels & Events at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
Do you find elegance in architecting a well-structured user interface? As a senior front-end software engineer on the Channels & Events team at Simon, you’ll join a group of engineers building our "Complex Event Processing" product. Our clients rely on Simon to engage with hundreds of millions of customers -- sending over billions of messages annually. Successful engineers have a keen eye for optimization and have deep knowledge in delivering robust, usable, delightful web applications, and value ownership and creativity.
You'll be joining a team with core values of Simplicity, Generosity, Execution, and Openness. We move quickly (multiple deploys throughout the day) and constantly work to reduce waste as well as structure ourselves around the most important goals for the business.What You’ll Do
- Work alongside a team of passionate engineers and a product owner every day to build our strategic business features
- Lead development efforts to produce a cohesive, powerful user experience in our web application
- Collaborate closely with our phenomenal Design team to create a "Don't Make Me Think" UX
- Continuously look for ways to improve last-mile performance
- Coordinate and evolve front-end development efforts across Engineering
- Dive deeply into our TypeScript, React, and GraphQL stack; and push it forward
- Be part of defining our scalable and maintainable frontend development process by e.g. contributing to our design system and component library.
- Participate in team-wide discussions ranging from architecture to developer productivity to security to the best IDE (or Text Editor!)
- Work with the team to promote our technical brand through chipping in with Open Source Software and promoting and sharing it at conferences locally and nationwide
- Participate in our mentorship program, whether that’s helping your coworkers expand their skill set or learning from them to expand your own
- 5+ years of front end software development experience designing, deploying and owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Proven record of working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management, design, or client success)
- Deep understanding and expertise with React, TypeScript, and GraphQL
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.