Senior Front End Engineer - Web Media at Major League Baseball
The Web Media Engineering team at Major League Baseball is searching for new members at our New York, NY office. This team is responsible for the direct-to-consumer (D2C) MLB.tv/MILB.tv video streaming (Live, OTT/SVOD) playback available across multiple web-based platforms (Web, Smart TV, etc). The team is also responsible for video on-demand (VOD) playback across Major League Baseball (MLB.com)/MLB Team Sites (30), Minor League Baseball (MILB.com)/MILB Team Sites (256) and Partner (YES Network, SportsNet New York (SNY), USA Baseball, etc.) sites.
As a Senior Front End Engineer on the Web Media Engineering team, you will ensure clean, concise, modular code in an agile environment, provide code reviews and act as a leading voice. In this role, you will help drive MLB.tv and VOD (Video-On-Demand) experiences for the web (desktop, mobile, etc.).
- 5+ years of overall software development experience
- Experience with HTML/CSS
- Experience working within an Agile environment (referencing user stories, participating in sprints, daily scrums and retrospectives)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge to video (ABR) streaming and playback: HLS, DASH
- Knowledge of Ads and Analytics integrations
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with cloud-based tools and technologies: AWS, GCP
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD): GIT and Jenkins
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)