Senior Front End Engineer
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
But Resy is much more than our consumer-facing phone app and website, we have a restaurant OS, ResyOS is a complete restaurant reservations and waitlist system, including table management, ticketing, web and app booking, CRM, POS integration and more.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Front End Engineer will work on web properties at Resy. Web properties include resy.com, restaurant analytics, admin tools, and an embeddable booking widget used on restaurants' websites. More than 2 million people are looking for reservations on the web through Resy each month. Restaurants rely on us to run their businesses. Help us build the future of hospitality.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You want to make websites that are beautiful, fast, and work on every screen. As such, you code responsive and mobile first. You have experience working closely with product and design to find the best solutions.
- You have years of experience working on websites that have high traffic and need to be highly scalable. You care about performance and take great satisfaction in getting every bit of speed out of the frontend that you can.
- You are an avid learner. You enjoy keeping up to date with the latest tech. But you also know how to evaluate different solutions and make choices about what best fits our needs and when is the right time for us to start using something new.
- You have worked on an e-commerce or other highly transactional site. You're used to working with large data models for things like products and complex interactions with APIs to manage transactions.
- You are capable of working both collaboratively and independently. You enjoy working with others to find the best solution. But you can also take a rough direction and fill in the details yourself.
- You care. You care about the work you’re doing. You care about code quality. You care about what we're all working together to accomplish.
- You have extensive experience with the following:
- React and Redux or strong experience in similar frameworks (e.g. Angular and ngrx)
- Webpack or other frontend build system
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401(k), Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Wednesday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.