Senior Front End Engineer at VTS
What You'll Do
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, designers, QA, and other business partners to discover and solve challenges for our customers
- Collaborate with other engineers to incrementally craft high quality products and UIs for our customers (we deploy multiples times a day)
- Have organization wide impact through your work, departmental initiatives like brown bags and recruiting, being a mentor or on-boarding buddy, etc.
Build Products That Help...
- Brokers and landlords manage the lifecycle of a commercial real estate deal - from inquiry to close
- Landlords manage relationships with their tenants (we analyze the graph of their relationships, provide insights to help close deals, expose risk, and more)
- Landlords and brokers shorten negotiation and approval times from weeks to hours when closing a deal
- Landlords analyze and understand risk in their assets
- Landlords explore the breath of their leasing data with custom reports and business intelligence software
Some Other Challenges You Might Help Solve
- How do we build a reusable and consistent component based design system that our entire engineering organization can leverage?
- How do we create efficient and speedy UIs to quickly search, filter, and digest thousands of records?
- How do we create best-in-class UI testing and tooling that enable our engineering organization to deploy without fear of regressions or bugs?
- And many more… :)
- 4+ years experience working as a front end or full stack engineer
- Experience delivering high-quality web applications for the consumer or enterprise
- Strongly values automated testing and implements good testing practices
- Practitioner and evangelist of agile software process and software design (experience with scrum, kanban, etc)
- Experience architecting solutions to problems in a thoughtful way - limiting number of technologies, ability to justify decisions, can articulate tradeoffs well, etc
- Experience collaborating with other engineers towards a common goal, leveraging code reviews, architecture design reviews, tdd, pairing, etc.
- Experience working closely with product managers and designers - strong customer empathy and desire to deliver a high-quality user experience
- Experience presenting technical projects and problems to non-technical folks and the ability to explain and justify the business reasons
Nice to Haves
- Experience working at a product focused company
- Experience working with our technology stack - Angular/React, Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku, ElasticSearch
- Experience operating in larger engineering teams (20+ engineers)
We Take Care of You!
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity
- Great medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone in the company
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
- VTS clubs including rock climbing, skiing, baking, board-games, surfing, softball and more