Senior Front End Engineer
LeafLink is a SaaS marketplace that provides licensed cannabis dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage their operations and scale.
With over 3,000+ dispensaries and more than 1,000+ leading brands in 19 states and territories, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis wholesale market. LeafLink was also named one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare and we are hungry for more!
LeafLink is seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink places a heavy emphasis on its e-commerce products and is looking for a talented engineer to join a growing team within the company that can identify, concept, and quickly iterate to continuously improve the marketplace experience that our users experience daily. This role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this focused team, as well as work within new and growing technologies. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.
- Help shape and grow e-commerce experiences on our platform, leveraging a growing set of tools to build product experiences our users love
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Work with our UX team to build consistent, responsive, and highly reusable widgets as components throughout our applications.
- Play a pivotal role in informing the direction of our shared component library through use and iteration within commerce-specific use cases
- Be involved with critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on LeafLink’s platform and products
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Be uncompromising in your path to delivery of beautiful UI / UX experiences
- Be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues quickly and effectively when they arise
- Provide technical guidance and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff to deliver the best possible solutions for the company
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 5+ years working in rich, complex, and ever-evolving front-end user experiences
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Extensive experience working within e-commerce products, including frameworks (Shopify, Magento, Commerce Cloud, etc) and within proprietary systems
- Extensive experience and a deep understanding of CSS, including preprocessors
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working with highly responsive web applications
- Experience working with Vue.js directly a plus
- Familiarity with the concept of state-management libraries (Redux, Vuex, Mobx, etc)
- Advanced experience with client-side unit testing and associated tools (Jest, Sinon, Chai, etc)
- Experience building applications and working with underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry and / or the LeafLink brand
- Generous PTO
- Fun office environment
- Competitive salary
- Benefit Matching (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k Offered
- Stock options
- Team events
- New office in FiDi