Senior Front End Engineer at Paxos
Since its founding in 2012, Paxos has sought to enable the movement of assets at the speed of the internet. Paxos is building a future where all assets--from money to commodities to securities--will be digitized and move instantaneously, 24/7. Settlement risk will cease to exist, so trillions of dollars of trapped capital can go to work in a global, frictionless economy. By seeking the highest forms of regulation and compliance, Paxos has distinguished itself within the blockchain industry and earned the trust of discerning institutional and individual investors.
Our Products include:
- Paxos Standard (PAX) is a digital dollar and the world’s first regulated crypto asset. This stablecoin offers a liquid, digital alternative to cash that is available 24/7 for instantaneous transaction settlement around the world. Launched in September 2018, it is the most traded USD-backed stablecoin.
- PAX Gold (PAXG) is a digital asset where one token is backed by one fine troy ounce (t oz) of a 400 oz London Good Delivery gold bar, stored in Brink’s gold vaults.
- itBit is a crypto-asset exchange. We also offer related trading services including escrow, custody and OTC trading.
- Post-Trade: Our Post-Trade team works on a broad suite of products to simplify post-trade confirmations for precious metals, other commodities and FX markets. The team launched Paxos Confirmation Service in late 2018 and has already confirmed well over 100,000 trades with aggregate notional values in the hundreds of billions of dollars.
We are looking for a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our rapidly growing FinTech company. This is the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, small, and flat organization responsible for developing our exciting cutting-edge products from design to production, as well as overseeing multiple projects from end-to-end. If you’re looking for an opportunity to directly see your work impact the business and our clients on a global scale, then this is a great role for you!
Who You Are:
- You know great UX/UI paradigms and are comfortable working with front-end technologies such as Typescript/React
- You demonstrate a solid understanding of core engineering concepts. Solid understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- You are able to understand and articulate the design and architecture of the entire system
- You embody our culture and values
- You feel comfortable working in a tech-driven environment with the ability to coordinate across several stakeholder groups (Engineering, Operations, Marketing, HR, etc.)
What You’ll Do:
- You will take ownership of the front-end stack, become the driving force behind this and lead feature-development
- You will produce a work output by taking a complex user story, breaking it down into sub-tasks, and completing the sub-tasks with relative ease – own design, coding, testing all the way through deployment of each of those sub-tasks
- You will strike the right balance between fixing the problem at hand and focusing on finding the root cause of problem. For example, if it’s a production issue the priority is to fix the immediate problem and collect all the data necessary for root cause analysis. In a non-production environment, the focus should be on finding the root cause and fixing it the right way to make sure the problem doesn’t occur again.
- You will be actively involved with and mentor junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill sets for the entire team
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries and flexible work life balance
- Equity share in a growing business
- Unlimited PTO
- A full slate of benefits coverage including: medical, dental, vision, and pre-tax commuter benefits, gym reimbursements
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- A fun, vibrant office environment in Flatiron with a smart and passionate team doing incredible things to modernize Finance.