Senior Front End Engineer
Are you looking for a new Senior Frontend Software Engineering career opportunity that allows you to:
- Solve hard problems and be a major contributor
- Work on an industry leading, desktop quality computer-assisted translation tool, desktop quality application
- Work closely with product to design and deliver quality features in a continuous delivery environment
- Work with a modern Frontend and SOA infrastructure
- Work with the latest frameworks and technologies in the cloud
- Build systems that serve millions of requests a day with billions of data points
Smartling will give you these opportunities to work on bleeding edge technologies, in a team environment that fosters collaboration and innovative problem solving. You will be joining an existing team building and maintaining a cutting-edge translation management application, which allows our clients and professional translators to manage the localization process for their websites and documents in an agile fashion. Our rapidly growing client list includes top names from the technology and Fortune 500 worlds.
Our processes & beliefs
- TDD - Test Driven Development
- Continuous Deployment - multiple times daily
- SOA/Micro-frontends - Service Oriented Architecture and APIs
- Full test automation - we have no QA team
- DevOps is not a team, it is a culture
Tasks at hand
- Improve and extend the architecture of our Computer-assist Translation application using React + Redux, TypeScript, Node.js, and ES2017.
- Working closely with product managers and backend teams to determine application direction.
- Work closely with developers of other Smartling applications to develop shared architectures, code and React components.
- Write application code, tests, and participate in code reviews.
- Debug performance issues in a ci/cd environment in a 100% uptime critical application.
- 5+ years of frontend SPA experience including 2+ of architecture and software design.
- Experience working closely with product teams.
- Software Design knowledge: Microservices, Design Patterns, Functional Programming.
- Browser Performance and TDD.
- Experience with Node (Express).
Nice To Have
- Open Source projects.
- Experience with AWS and infrastructure.
- GraphQL, WebSockets (beyond REST).
- Monorepos (Lerna).
- Creative /Innovative. Demonstrate inventiveness and the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments.
- Autonomous /Self-started. Work well and achieve results with little or no supervision.
- Problem Solver. Provide workable solutions or consults with secondary resources to devise solutions.
- Adaptable. Maintain focus and positive attitude amidst change or under pressure.
- Timeliness. Consistently punctual and dependable.
What matters to Smartling?
- To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and Employee Stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture.
- Take a break when you need it – Flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter Benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan - just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.