Senior Front End Engineer at Rent the Runway
About the Team:
Our engineering team works on product-oriented problems across the boundaries of e-commerce, mobile, analytics and shipping/fulfillment. The backbone of our business is our custom logistics management system, which gives us the crucial ability to deliver the right product to the right user at the right time - a simple goal with a complex solution. We use data, engineering and algorithms to create a personalized website and an adaptive supply chain to fulfill our commitment to an amazing customer experience.
About the Role:
As a Senior Front End Engineer at Rent the Runway, you are someone who prioritizes creativity and user experience alongside great code and curiosity. Your opinions on architecture and design are informed by your experience building applications supporting large user bases, but you’re still always open to learning more and working with a team to try new approaches and iterations on your features and products. As a Senior Front End Engineer on our Consumer Engineering team, you will work in a cross functional pod of Engineers, Product Managers, & Designers to create beautiful UI components for our passionate member base.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
- Collaborate with designers and other teams to refine product features and brainstorm ideas
- Work with business stakeholders to identify software solutions to business challenges
- Write clean, testable, and efficient code
- An eye for responsive design and strong attention to detail
- Ability to pick up new tools and technologies as needed
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Ability to prioritize important tasks
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.