Senior Front End Software Engineer at EquityZen
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:36 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, July 15, 2020
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to join our growing team and become a key contributor on our front end applications as we rapidly expand our industry-defining online investment platform. Our ideal candidate has production experience with React or a similar framework and is always thinking about performance, testability, and maintainability. They enjoy ideating and collaborating with designers and are passionate about pixel perfect interfaces. Our team is a group of ambitious, yet humble people across all disciplines and backgrounds. Have a look at our team and values and join us if you’re interested in these set of values.
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 150 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 8500+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Champion all aspects of front end development
- Assist in establishing technical direction for front end development including introducing patterns to make development simple, fast, and maintainable
- Increasingly scale our marketplace as we aggressively increase both our investor base and equity offerings
- Work hand-in-hand with designers, PM, business stakeholders and fellow engineers to ideate, design, and implement front-end experiences that are used by tens of thousands of customers as well as our internal teams
- Work with cutting-edge technologies and introduce improvements to our stack, end-user experience, business processes, and workflows via rapid prototypes/proof-of-concepts
- Mentor team members about front-end best practices
THE RIGHT STUFF
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of professional experience working with front-end applications in production
- Production experience working with React JSX and a state management library like Redux or mobx
- Professional experience with NodeJS build tools e.g. gulp/webpack, scaffolding utilities e.g. create_react_app, and npm and/or yarn
- Hands on experience working with GraphQL and RESTful APIs
- Experience integrating artifacts from Sketch, SVG Icon Generators and similar apps
- Experience working on a fast-paced, lean organization that is 100% accountable for its commitments
- Able to take high-level requests, break them down to digestible tasks, and own them to completion
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Passion for maintainable code, automated testing, and thorough code review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
OUR TECH STACK
EquityZen runs a robust stack which is containerized and deployed on Kubernetes in the AWS cloud. On the front end, we leverage React, Redux and GraphQL. On the back end, Django, Celery, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, and RabbitMQ.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience working with Apollo GraphQL client
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
- Prior work in financial services or the FinTech sector
- First hand understanding of marketplace businesses
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN
- Experience working on a fast growing and fast moving team who is passionate about building amazing products that provide high value to our customers and are a pleasure to use
- Hands on experience with the venture capital and technology-driven startup ecosystems
- Opportunity to work closely with business stakeholders across the entire organization, including the founding team
- Equity, competitive salary, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, stocked fridge, supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more!
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Read Full Job Description