We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Our Engagement team is focused on our self-guided learning subscription product. This is the foundation of our business. The team is focused on building a highly engaging learning experience that is fun, sustainable and helps learners build the skills they need to turn their own professional aspirations goals into a reality.
If you’re fascinated by researching and building new product features that make for a great life long subscription product offering, this team is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement the features and user experiences that power Codecademy’s web application like our interactive learning environment or user facing dashboards
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate closely with our Curriculum, Data Science, Design, Marketing, and Product teams to build an engaging user experience for our learners
- Build products and experiences people love through intuitive design and clear user experiences
- Take your ideas from concept to reality: use our experimentation systems to test different variations of our pages to experiment, iterate, learn, and repeat
- Be a champion for developing and adhering to engineering standards within your team. We want to build high-quality software that’s easy to understand, easy to change, and works the way it’s supposed to
- Put automated testing, tracking, and monitoring in place to ensure our website is always working as expected
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Expertise in HTML & CSS, with a knack for layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Expertise in browser APIs and optimizing for frontend performance
- Experience with frontend frameworks like React, AngularJS, Vue.js, or another equivalent framework
- Experience working with RESTful APIs and client/server architectures
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Excited about the opportunities and challenges of working on projects touching all areas of our codebase and associated microservices
- Experience with containerization tools, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- BS/MS in Computer Science or an equivalent major
- You gained your software engineering skills without the benefit of a traditional CS education, whether you're self-taught, a bootcamp grad, or a Codecademy learner!
- You love teaching people to code as a mentor, volunteer, writer, or teacher
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote