Senior Frontend Engineer - Source Deals at WeWork Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Real Estate & Development is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Work closely with product owner and product designer to review requirements & designs and break down work.
- Build scalable, performant, reusable & testable components.
- Research new technology, build prototypes, and write clean, maintainable code.
- Work with junior level developers to help make them successful.
- Support and solve issues (process & system), identify root cause, and actively implement balanced corrective actions.
- Work with team to influence technology direction.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent years professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer writing frontend applications
- Expert knowledge of React and strong familiarity with the React ecosystem (i.e. Redux, CSS-in-JS, etc)
- Deep understanding of the HTTP protocol, browser networking, and performance
- Experience with browser devtools and debuggers
- Experience integrating with API and services
- Familiarity with strongly typed languages such as TypeScript, Flow, etc
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS, specifically ECS, Cloudformation, etc
- React / Redux / Styled Components / Webpack, Yarn
- NodeJS / Express
- AWS / Docker / Cloud Formation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.