Senior Frontend Engineer at Namely (Remote)
- Developing clean, accessible, and modern web applications for the Namely platform (HRIS, Payroll, Benefits and more)
- Building core libraries and components as part of our Design System
- Utilizing technologies like React, GraphQL, Typescript, React Context and Hooks.
- Continuously improving our tech stack
- Ensuring personal and team career growth through high quality code reviews, cross-functional collaboration, strong teamwork and coaching.
Our Frontend team builds the extensible platform on which other teams can develop applications, ensures high quality architecture across the engineering organization, and defines the UX of Namely alongside Product and Design partners.
This role is open to remote candidates residing in the U.S. except within the state of Colorado.Desired Experience
We don’t believe years of professional work is the only measure of experience. We want to work with and learn from developers with diverse backgrounds who are passionate about what they do and are excited to dive into a challenging, high impact role.
Some traits we look for when considering candidates are:
- Enthusiasm for establishing and promoting best practices to ensure our code is readable, reliable, and testable
- Writing code that others use to write more code (e.g. open source or internal libraries)
- An interest in ensuring that applications are valuable and accessible to all users
- Being opinionated, yet open minded
- Investment and interest in the Frontend community and ecosystem. Even if you haven’t used the latest tech, you are up to date on happenings in the community and are excited to try out new technologies at Namely.
- Excitement to mentor team members, share knowledge, and learn from teammates.
We understand the importance of being excited about the technology you work with, so we’ve included our stack below. You don’t have to be fluent or even well versed in all of it, but we want engineers who are excited to dive in and understand these tools and technologies:
- Framework: React
- State: Redux + Redux Thunk + Reselect, Formik, React Context
- Data: Axios, GraphQL
- Router: React Router
- CSS: CSS Modules
- Testing: Jest, React Testing Library, Chromatic, Cypress
- Tooling: Webpack, Babel, PostCSS, Prettier
- Linting: ESLint, Stylelint
- Docs: Storybook
We are building out a world-class Frontend team at Namely around the idea that user experience is paramount to the success of our product and customers. If that or any of the above resonates, we would love to work with you!
Tech Talks and Blogs by Namely Labs Engineers:
- HTTP and JSON for your gRPC services
- Growing up with AWS
- Using .NET Core in Production
- Following an Internal Open Source model of Software Development
- Namely Labs Blog
Namely Company Culture Highlights
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Places to Work in New York 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Leadership Teams 2021
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best CEOs for Diversity 2021
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/namely
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.