Senior Frontend Engineer
Latch is seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our engineering team. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining innovative interfaces used by a growing number of users each month. Using expertise in web UI and interactive application development, this person will be in control of developing and maintaining Latch’s core Web Application (The Latch Manager) and website, including our marketing and support pages. Ideal candidates have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development and a deep understanding of various languages, technologies, and solutions.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Ensure pages comply with Latch’s UI guidelines
- Work with the design team to continually create new ways of showcasing - Latch’s products
- Troubleshooting issues with existing code
- Leading development, release and support for features
- Researching, recommending, gaining adoption and rolls out new technology changes
- Write usable documentation
- 4+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 4+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Solid understanding of REST principles and experience using REST APIs
- Strong understanding of HTML5 semantics and CSS3 (Sass)
- UX & design experience
- Experience with Angular.js, Backbone, Cocoa, or similar MVC framework is a plus
- Experience with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. JQuery, Backbone.js, Angular.js, etc.)
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby) is a plus
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.