Senior Frontend Engineer
Stash is on a mission to give financial opportunity to all; we want to build financial systems that work for everyone—not just the wealthy. But that takes more than just a mission. It takes great people and an open, inclusive, and diverse environment where innovation and quality can thrive.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to be a part of our growing team at Stash! You will join a diverse, cross-functional, and agile team who is passionate about building scalable products and features. As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will own the end to end development process of new, greenfield products which will help lower the access to investing and saving for millions of people. As a Senior Engineer on our team you will also be able to serve as a leader within our engineering organization to help mentor your fellow team members and help to reinforce best practices.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement intuitive web applications for our web, coach, and retire products
- Build and maintain scalable and well tested web applications using ReactJS and NodeJS
- Work on new, greenfield projects that will have an immediate impact on both our users and the company
- Collaborate in an agile, cross-functional team while communicating project guidelines, reinforcing best practices, and utilizing modern tooling
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years professional experience building full-stack web applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or relevant industry experience)
- A keen interest in testing best practices and high code quality
- Experience with development tools such as webpack, babel, and git
- Understanding of common web application design patterns and browser compatibility concerns
- Experience working on a popular consumer facing application
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits, Perks, & More!:
* Equity In Stash * Flexible Vacation
* Four Family-Friendly Medical Plans * Two Dental & One Vision Insurance Plan
* 401k * Learning & Development Stipend
* Commuter Benefits * Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Employee Referral Bonuses * Stocked Fridges & Kitchens
* Thursday Happy Hours * Catered Lunch on Fridays
* Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch in 2018
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" in 2018
- MarCom Awards 2018 Double Gold & Platinum Winner
- 2017 Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category
- 2017 W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience
**No recruiters, please.