Senior Frontend Engineer
This Role & You
You will work with a tight-knit team of engineers, designers, and product managers to build no-nonsense project management tools and beautiful data visualizations that support complex real-world workflows. Our frontend is based on AngularJS and SASS, and we are actively adopting CSS grid, TypeScript, and other cutting-edge technologies. Contribute to our burgeoning UI toolkit by constructing modular angular components with TypeScript and SASS.
Engineering at Honest Buildings
We believe that close collaboration between engineers, designers, and product managers is an absolute necessity - this enables us to iterate quickly while maintaining a high standard of quality for the product. We encourage all engineers to bring new and innovative solutions to help raise the bar for the team. Many of us are passionate about a particular layer of the stack, but we value willingness to navigate and deeply understand the entire application.
- Spec and build impactful features alongside our design and product teams
- Ensure a pleasant user experience across all devices
- Contribute to our UI toolkit
- Work in an agile environment
- Passionate about frontend architecture and performance
- Committed to well-tested code (not just high coverage but effective tests)
- Interested in mobile-first design
- Bonus points: You are an open source contributor or have side projects that you are proud of
- Computer Science Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5+ years of professional software engineering work experience
- Bonus points: TypeScript experience or interest in moving to TypeScript
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly catered lunches, happy hours, parties, and quarterly off-sites
- Gym discounts and numerous other perks
Why consider working at Honest Buildings?
- You get to work with a group of 80+ talented teammates with backgrounds from Tishman Speyer, McKinsey, Urban Compass, Goldman Sachs, Facebook, Doberman, Equinox, Warby Parker, ChartBeat, CoStar, Cornell and Columbia.
- We've raised more than $47m from top investors, including Thrive Capital and global real estate owners.
- We have lots of fun and have great startup perks, but we’re playing to win.
- You'll be tasked with great responsibility and make a huge difference.
- You’ll get to work on a fascinating problem in one of the largest sectors of the economy. Real estate / construction is one of the last big markets to be impacted by the onslaught of technological change and is ripe for disruption. We're using data science and a thoughtful top-down enterprise network strategy to do it.
- Buildings are an incredibly important sector that affect the way we all live, work, and play and have a huge impact on the natural environment. You will have an opportunity to work closely with the owners and developers who shape the built environment we all experience every day. All from New York City, the capital of the global real estate industry.