Senior Frontend Engineer at Stash
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our growing team at Stash! You will join a diverse, cross-functional, and agile team passionate about building scalable products and features within the Stash suite of products. As a Frontend Engineer, you will support the end to end development process of new, greenfield products which will help lower the access to investing and saving for millions of people.What you'll do:
- Design and implement intuitive web applications for our invest, bank and retire products
- Build and maintain scalable and well tested web applications using ReactJS and NodeJS
- Work on new, greenfield projects that will have an immediate impact on both our users and the company
- Collaborate in an agile, cross-functional team while communicating project guidelines, reinforcing best practices, and utilizing modern tooling.
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
- 5+ years professional experience building web applications
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or relevant industry experience)
- A keen interest in testing best practices and high code quality
- Experience with development tools such as webpack, babel, and git
- An understanding of UX best practices for the web platform
- An understanding of system design patterns
- Experience working on a consumer-facing application
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.