Senior Frontend Engineer at MANTL
Who is MANTL?
MANTL is a fast-growing NYC-based FinTech SaaS company on a mission to build technology that will help America’s financial institutions and their communities thrive. Think Shopify or Squarespace, but purpose-built for community banks and credit unions. We are drastically changing the landscape through modern banking software that empowers banks and credit unions to grow digitally.
Our flagship product, Online Account Opening, has quickly become considered best in class in our industry, showing clear and material performance beyond any of our competitors. Suffice it to say, our customers love MANTL.
Since launching our first product in 2017, we have built several new products, thoughtfully grown the team, and have become a market leader.
Who makes up our team?
People are our most important asset and the number one reason we all love working at MANTL. As a team, we value accountability, transparency and collaboration. We have agile teams, with clear, outcomes-focused goals.
We're a group of passionate technologists that support an open and transparent culture that helps foster productive and engaging discussions. We want to work with inclusive people who understand the importance of treating their colleagues exceptionally well - people who will gladly go out of their way to help others with things big and small.
We are always a work in progress and love hearing feedback from our team. MANTL was proud to be named as one of Crain's 100 Best Places To Work in 2020.
Who You Are:
You have strong opinions about the latest ECMAScript constructs, linting, testing, package evaluation, code organization, component interface design, performant rendering and all the other building blocks of a great web applications.
You also love to work with other developers, share your knowledge and thrive working on a team.
- 1-2+ years writing React.js professionally (experience with other frameworks also considered)
- 1-2+ years working with Node.js professionally (especially in the context of supporting front-end experiences)
- Expert knowledge of git/GitHub
- Great knowledge of the browser environment - DOM APIs, HTML/CSS, etc
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Hacker mentality
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of best practices in web security
- An appreciation and understanding of strong UI/UX design
- FinTech experience
- Experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment
- Experience working at a small start-up
- Experience with any of the technologies below
- GraphQL (Apollo)
- Docker (for local development)
What You'll Like About Us:
Joining MANTL means joining an ambitious and exceptional team that solves complex problems every day. We offer a unique employee experience based on the values of transparency, accountability and collaboration, and are deeply proud of our culture.
MANTL offers competitive compensation packages, unlimited vacation, fully covered health insurance, creative and fun team-building events, mental health programs and more. We strive to show we truly care about our employees happiness and engagement.