Senior Frontend Engineer at Paxos
At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. Our frontend engineers work as a small, agile unit consulting across product lines to improve usability throughout the business. Paxos defies traditional divisions and gives frontend engineers ownership over the design, implementation and testing of new features. Every engineer, despite seniority, has the opportunity to influence our product strategy by working directly with stakeholders, helping define feature requirements, and refine usability patterns. A commitment to teamwork, empathy, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Paxos uses a mix of open source technologies and leading vendor offerings to build our products. As a member of the frontend team, you will primarily work with:
- React, Typescript, and SASS for implementing layouts
- Webpack and NodeJS to build our application
- Figma for designing interfaces
What you will do:
- Help found an internal component library that will be used across business lines and in marketing materials to standardize Paxos look and feel.
- Implement interfaces for a variety of internal and external facing features taking inspiration from both the crypto and fintech worlds.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build empathy maps and user experience diagrams for new features, workflows, and products.
- Create high resolution mockups to test interfaces with users.
- Help to define the company’s design to engineering pipeline.
What you need to have:
- Extensive JS experience, pre and post ES6. Comfort writing code for the DOM and transpiler.
- 3+ years of work experience (as either a technical designer or frontend engineer).
- Strong, loosely held opinions on frontend state management, layout construction, and testing strategy.
- An understanding of how to leverage typed languages to improve code safety.
- Comfort using one or more Interface Framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Basic understanding of raw HTML / CSS
- Design Prototyping software experience ( Figma, XD or Sketch)
- Experience working cross functionally and directly with stakeholders
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, StoneX and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why choose Paxos? Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. Our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like healthcare coverage, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for employee development and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and find a home at Paxos. Help us build a new, open financial system from our three offices or right from your home!
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev
- Interactive Brokers Group Introduces Cryptocurrency Trading Through Paxos