Remesh is a venture-backed, early-stage startup that is using artificial intelligence to engage, empower, and understand large groups of people. We were founded in 2014 by a team of ex-Googlers, academics, physicists, consultants, political operatives, and other over-caffeinated masterminds and are a proud graduate of the Barclays’ Techstars Accelerator. We are proud to work with a wide variety of clients including Fortune 100 Companies, Governments, Universities, and Nonprofits.
Software Engineers at Remesh are helping build the world's most trustworthy approach to engaging and understanding massive groups of people in real time. In doing so, we encounter real engineering problems every day that require a high level of sophistication and expertise. We deal with things like:
- improving and maintaining a highly available machine learning data pipeline
- expanding our extremely high-volume real-time conversation platform
- improving our architecture and infrastructure to remain modular, maintainable, and performant
As a software engineer at Remesh, you'll be scaling a revolutionary means of communication and helping to change the way we understand people. This means we look for very strong critical thinking, problem solving, and reasoning abilities, and engineers who are excited, motivated learners. Because we are using techniques on the edge of research, you'll need to be fluent in keeping up to date with the latest technologies so we can keep pushing our product into the future.
Engineers at Remesh work on a specific, focused team responsible for improving a single aspect of our product, but your role has implications company-wide. You'll be encouraged to participate in feature prioritization discussions, product planning, and will be responsible for making real technical decisions beyond just timeline and feasibility estimates. You'll spend much of your time focusing on building our product, but you'll also be making valuable contributions across the entire company.
Because our missions is focused on understanding people, communication is a critical attribute of our engineers. We expect you to be able to effectively communicate with supervisors, subordinates, and peers via email, phone, and good old face-to-face interactions. Building amazing technology requires strong team-based collaboration and it's important that can both accept new ideas from your colleagues while presenting and championing your own.
We believe that we can only build an amazing product and company if we have a team of people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. However, we do have some minimum requirements that help you make sure a position at Remesh is a good fit for you right now.
Right now, we're specifically looking for engineers with:
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- 4+ years of professional JavasScript development
- 2+ years of professional React development
- Experience with Redux/MobX or another state management library
- Experience with Python/Ruby/Java/Elixir or some other backend/systems language
- Experience with Django/Flask/Phoenix/Rails/J2EE or some other backend web framework
- Experience with version control software
- Strong understanding of web technologies
- Knowledge of basic software engineering concepts and conventions
- Experience with and passion for automated testing
We would love engineers with:
- Experience with TDD
- Experience developing high-volume/highly performant web applications
The Benefits of Working with Remesh
- Medical Dental Vision Coverage
- 401K plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- An enviable snack pantry
- An energetic team that celebrates, often
- Stipend for ongoing learning
- An office in the heart of Manhattan’s Flatiron District