At Prolific Interactive, our driving focus is “Let’s make it better”.
We’re an award-winning, mobile-focused product creation agency. We design and launch highly visible, innovative, real-world solutions for premier brands, and believe in working with partners - not clients - to help enhance their customers’ experiences. We are honored to be consistently recognized as industry leaders.
We want to have a profound impact on everyday lives, and shape the world we live in. We do this by putting people first, and by working in collaborative teams who value empathy and who are committed to relentlessly improving.
We are seeking a Senior Frontend Web Engineer to join our team in Brooklyn to help deliver on the above goals. In this role, you will collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers to architect and develop beautiful mobile experiences for the web. solutions that give our end users an optimal experience. You will help build innovative, well architected and easy to use web applications and user interfaces. You’ll work closely with other frontend engineers and assist in establishing best practices and processes across the department.Your Responsibilities & Impact
- Work closely with product managers, designers and backend engineers to build performant and consistent frontend solutions
- Pair program with other engineers for support and ideation
- Participate in peer code review process
- Assess business and product requirements and propose sound technical solutions
- Take part in discussions about processes, standards and the future direction of the frontend engineering team at Prolific. Make impactful decisions!
- 3-5 years of professional experience working with React, Angular, Vue, Elm or a similar modern web framework
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Experience working closely with a design team to see their vision come to fruition
- Full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Experience with and knowledge of software testing strategies
- Experience using Git as source control
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- If you have 2+ years experience in React
- If you have experience with Single Page Application development
- If you are familiarity with the full web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
We know that our employees will do their best and most impactful work if they are happy, healthy, and supported. We’re committed to ensuring all our employees are taken care of.
We do this by providing and promoting:
- Access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as 401(k) company matching and commuter benefits
- A healthy work life balance. Our Flexible Vacation Policy allows you to take what you need, as long as it works for your team. Plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, summer and winter breaks when the office is closed
- Voluntary life, accident and disability insurance
- 12 weeks of paid new parents leave
- Creature comforts like snacks, games - and actual creatures thanks to dog-friendly offices
- Employee-led resource groups with a focus on diversity and inclusivity, enhancing and sustaining the wellbeing of women, people of color, and LGBTQIA individuals
- A committee dedicated to promoting health and wellness in the workplace through initiatives like fitness challenges, guided meditation, and kombucha brewing
- Opportunities to give back through company donations to charitable organizations
Prolific Interactive is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to a safe, welcoming, and truly inclusive environment for people of all races, gender identities, gender expressions, sexual orientations, physical abilities, physical appearances, socioeconomic backgrounds, nationalities, ages, and religious beliefs.
Prolific Interactive was founded in 2009 and is based in New York City, San Francisco, and Durham. We’ve delivered mobile experiences for leading brands like Saks Fifth Avenue, The Wing, WeWork, American Express, Gap, Sephora, SoulCycle, TB12, and American Express through a strategy-driven, user-centric approach to creating products.