Senior full Stack Developer
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies and the #1 publisher on Facebook Watch, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views [source: Crowd platform specific analytics modules] and reaching 81% of U.S. adults in their 20s [source: Nielsen]. With over 120 million social engagements each month [source: ListenFirst Media], Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched social news brand in the world), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) and Seeker (the digital leader in science and curiosity). Group Nine recently acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion and Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH.
We are looking to hire a Senior Full Stack Developer at Group Nine Media in New York, NY. This person will develop the next iteration of our mature media platform, and set the direction and standards for all of our client-facing technology.
- Front-end development for maintenance of existing brands.
- Create new web-sites on existing platforms.
- Develop new tools as a lead front-end developer.
- Ensure that our web property content is delivered quickly, efficiently, and visually beautifully to more than 18 million readers each month.
- Responsible for front-end development.
- Responsible for identifying and adjusting code so that it is highly efficient.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field plus two years of software engineering experience at a digital media company.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, and much more!
The salary range for this position: $154,000 - $170,000
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.