COMPANY: Canoe Intelligence
TITLE: Senior Full Stack Developer
LOCATION: New York, NY / Remote
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of scalable database architecture and server-side infrastructure, built for high concurrent user traffic
- Manage a team of engineers as well as act as an individual contributor. You will make key decisions and provide direction as one of the senior leaders of the development team
- Liaise between the development team and other internal stakeholders as it relates to prioritization of team goals and status of ongoing projects
- Oversee and track metrics for monitoring system stability and security
- Write high quality code with good test coverage and shepherd existing code refactoring exercises
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years of web applications development experience
- At least 2 years experience managing teams, developing team members, and encouraging professional growth
- Fluent in PHP and/or Python development and architecture
- Expert with OOP, MVC, and commonly used design patterns
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Ability to openly and clearly communicate with direct reports, peers and executive leadership
- Demonstrated success in continuous integration, automated testing, source control, and other DevOps methodologies
- Comfortable with AWS and Linux
- Experience in machine learning is a plus
What’s The Process?
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview(s), Assessment Test, and In Person Interview(s).
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
Who We Are:
Canoe is reimagining alternative investment data processes for hundreds of leading institutional investors, capital allocators, asset servicing firms and wealth managers. By combining industry expertise with the most sophisticated data capture technologies, Canoe’s technology automates the highly-frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investment document and data management, extraction and delivery. With Canoe, clients can refocus capital and human resources on business performance and growth, increase efficiency, and gain deeper access to their data. Canoe’s AI-driven platform was developed in 2013 for Portage Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.