Senior Full Stack Engineer (Initiatives) at Cedar
Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
Cedar has built a platform that combines data science and machine learning to connect patients with healthcare providers in a way that helps tackle the critical challenges of patient billing and payment. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
As we continue to rapidly grow, we are in need of Senior Full Stack Engineers to join a team within the Initiatives Pillar of Engineering. The Initiatives Pillar pursues major strategic opportunities for Cedar, such as:
- Building new Cedar products from the ground up (example: Cedar’s pre-visit product)
- Expanding our existing products to meet major client needs (example: crafting a seamless integration between Cedar and the most ubiquitous patient/provider portals)
The Initiatives Pillar can be thought of as a startup within a startup. Cedar creates new initiative teams when we have important business goals that span across our existing products or code base, and require the focus of a dedicated team to get to market quickly. Initiative teams engage deeply with our clients and rapidly iterate on product and technical ideas. We’re seeking people who are excited about innovation in healthcare, have solid technical skills, and are comfortable working with ambiguity.
* Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly.
What we look for in a candidate:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert with at least one general purpose programming language
- Experience with Python/Django preferred
- Experience building complex web applications
- Experience building and supporting production quality software
- Experience with AWS, relational databases, REST APIs, MVC Architecture, and OOP principles
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
- Design and build new features for our core products.
- Improve existing applications' speed and reliability.
- Work with other Cedar employees to find new product opportunities.
- Help us scale the company, the culture, and our products.
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- Remote optional opportunity
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Full Stack Engineer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa