Hyperscience modernizes mission-critical processes and operations for the world's largest organizations and government agencies. Since 2014, Hyperscience’s automation technology has helped data-centric companies parse through vast amounts of unstructured inputs and raw information to get to swifter and smarter business outcomes. Through the Hyperscience Platform, enterprises are empowered to transform their operations, and drive operational efficiency as well as human productivity by fully unlocking the power of their data.
Ranked on the Inc. Fastest-Growing Company List, Hyperscience has raised $190M from investors including Tiger Global, BOND, Bessemer Venture Partners, Stripes, and FirstMark. The company has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work with a collaborative and innovative culture and best-in-class benefits.
The company has a global footprint with offices in New York City, Sofia, Bulgaria, Toronto, Canada, and London, UK.
We are focused on building the world’s first Software-Defined, Input-to-Outcome platform by understanding documents, extracting structured and unstructured data, and automating business processes end-to-end - and we’re looking for amazing people to join us.
Machine Learning (ML) sits at the core of our efforts to automate the future work. We turn ML lab experiments into enterprise-ready AI solutions to solve complex machine perception and natural language understanding problems.
This is an opportunity to work on the full lifecycle of an AI solution - you will research cutting-edge techniques (Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Meta Learning, Online Learning), implement them in a fast-growth AI startup environment, and ensure thеy are integrated in a reliable and scalable way to bring real value to customers.
- Within your first month, you will dive deep into the technology of Hyperscience and gain a product understanding of what we’re building and why it's important for our customers. You will build various features that give fine-grained control of the system to our customer while providing analysis of system performance. You'll become deeply familiar with the components of our frontend and backend systems, and "plumbing" of our data flows.
- After 60 days, you will have successfully managed a large-scale, end-to-end feature that interfaces with multiple teams and technologies. You will do this in an environment that prides itself on communication and process, with the acknowledgement that requirements are sometimes vague and subject to change. Along the way, you’ll proactively point out and fix bugs, infrastructure issues, and tech debt. Customers will delight in using your feature, since it unlocks a critical need and majorly enhances the user's experience.
- After an entire quarter and beyond, you will have had an active voice in directing the technological and product future of our company. This includes suggesting best practices and new technologies for our bleeding-edge stack, working closely with product and design teams on creating new features, and developing them for whole-team use. You will own many pieces of the code base and be proud of it!
- 5+ years experience in building enterprise-grade systems in different environments
- Experience with a web framework / ORM. We use Python / Django
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Desire to work closely with Product & Design teams in building highly interactive and intuitive features
- Proven track record of building complex systems OR strong GitHub/OSS presence
- Comfort with the "building blocks" of the web: http/s, APIs, REST, JSON
- Ability to discuss and defend an engineering approach, but also to fully commit and participate in an alternate approach as part of the team
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Wellness stipend
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6-month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A dependent care stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- $1,000 one-time-use WFH stipend and $75 monthly WFH stipend
- Relocation assistance
We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.