Senior Full Stack Engineer - Merchants at Bread
Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread has enormous and engaging technical challenges. We need to verify online identity, predict fraud, and approve and price credit while providing a beautiful and frictionless consumer experience, all in real time. Our Engineering team plays a critical role in allowing us to grow our business and the success of our brand partners.
The Merchant Engineering team is responsible for our post-checkout API, tools, and data solutions which allow Bread’s merchants and partners to reliably operate the Bread platform at scale. The team’s services, written in Go, are centered around high-volume, real-time transaction management, as well as modeling the complex relationships between buyers, financiers, and merchants. The team also owns a Merchant Portal which serves as the primary user interface for Bread, its merchants, and its partners to understand, manage, and optimize the Bread platform experience. This is a full stack team, with both backend and frontend components.
Your Role at Bread:
- Helps us build tools to empower Bread’s merchant partners, including e-commerce framework plugins and a best in class merchant portal application
- Lead the development of major components, coordinating with other developers and cross-functional team members
- Mentor and train other team members to improve our software and strengthen the team
- Provide accurate development time estimates and communicate effectively with engineering management
- Partner with other leaders in the engineering organization to set team-wide standards and cultivate an innovative engineering culture
- Expertise building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Experience and desire to work on both Backend and Frontend applications
- Expert in either Go microservice development or React/Node development
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with public web APIs
- A passion for engineering and technology
Nice to have:
- React experience is a major plus
- Basic DevOps experience is helpful
As engineering is core to our business, we believe strongly in the value of continuous investment in the overall health and quality of our technology. One way we do this is via Working Groups. Working Groups are quarterly teams of engineers who set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their primary engineering team. Working Groups have included such areas as Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, and Monitoring.