Senior Full Stack Engineer at Narmi
Who We Are:
We are changing how banking is done in the United States. We partner with existing banks and credit unions (not-for-profit retail banks) to transform their digital banking. Our founders used to run a credit union and saw first hand how backwards banking is today. Our online banking, mobile banking and open banking API helps Americans better understand their financial story and interact with their finances. Our product is already used by thousands of people everyday.
Who We Are Looking For:
We are an early stage startup and are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of working in a small team. Working in a small team offers many rewards, but also a great amount responsibility. You will need to be comfortable working up and down the stack, as well as getting your hands dirty in the devops world. You'll need to be able to work closely with the other team members to quickly plan, develop, implement, and iterate on new features and new products. You'll need to be self-disciplined and able to work in an environment with less structure than a typical corporate / later stage startup setting. You'll need to take security seriously (don't worry we automate a lot).
What You’ll Do:
You'll push to production banking systems from day 1. You’ll help financial institutions better their customer experiences and transform themselves into mobile, digital institutions. You’ll work closely with the founders while working on the development of the product. As an early stage employee, you’ll be expected to work up and down the stack, wear several hats, and make many decisions independently. As a SaaS provider to banks and credit unions, security and reliability are a top concern. So while we like to move quickly, you’ll be expected to take part in code reviews and testing. You’ll work with modern programming languages / frameworks, but will also have to work with integrations to banking legacy systems that still run on mainframe computers and archaic payment schemas. That is always a fun challenge :-)
• BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• At least 3 years of software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
• Hard working, agile, and a top performer
• Native proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
• Located or willing to work in New York City
• United States citizen or authorized to work in the United States
• 5 or more years of experience
• Experience at a startup or financial technology firm
• A strong design acumen with UI/UX fundamentals