Cedar has built a platform that combines data science and machine learning to connect patients with healthcare providers in a way that helps tackle the critical challenges of patient billing and payment. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
As we continue to rapidly grow, we are in need of Senior Full Stack Engineers to join a team within the Patient Pillar of Engineering. The Patient Pillar owns the entire patient experience for our core post-visit product and is made up of teams building products that empower our patients as users. Some examples of the projects these teams work on:
- Owning our state-of-the-art personalization platform that tailors the experience of each individual patient.
- Building new pathways for patients to resolve their bills (eg. insurance capture, financial aid application)
- Building tools to enable scalable client-specific configuration of our product so we can support the needs of a fast growing and diverse set of healthcare providers
Cedar offers the opportunity to work with a smart, diverse, and experienced team to solve an important problem that affects millions of patients annually.
* Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly.
What we look for in a candidate:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Expert with at least one general purpose programming language (Python preferred)
- Experience with a modern web framework (Django, Rails, Laravel, etc...)
- Experience with a modern JS framework preferred (React, Next, Angular, etc...)
- Experience building complex web applications
- Experience building and supporting production quality software
- Experience with AWS, relational databases, REST APIs, MVC Architecture, and OOP principles
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
- Design and build new features for our core products.
- Improve existing applications' speed and reliability.
- Work with other Cedar employees to find new product opportunities.
- Help us scale the company, the culture, and our products.
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- Remote optional opportunity
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Full Stack Engineer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa