Senior Full Stack Engineer
Retail marketing teams have a lot on their plates. The data they collect provides an unparalleled opportunity to establish meaningful and personal relationships with their customers, but it has also led to an explosion of metrics to track, measure, and optimize. Overwhelmed with a flood of customer data, companies are looking for analytics software that will go beyond just reports and dashboards. Using predictive analytics, we deliver insights to our customers that are enormously valuable, and we are looking for talented developers to help communicate these in ways that are both intuitive and actionable.
We have interesting problems to solve.
The front end application is our customers’ window to the sophisticated machine learning models we’re running, and provides the platform for the experiments they are continuously running. Communicating all of this clearly, intuitively, and in an easy-to-use way is critical to our company's success.
You’ll have lots of responsibility.
Our team is nimble and small enough for each person to lead the projects they’re most passionate about. You'll have the opportunity to own large parts of the software.
Get to try new things.
Experimentation is one of our core values at Custora and we need engineers who will apply new approaches to solving our problems. As our data grows and we move from a batch processing model to real-time analytics, we are ready and able to try new solutions.
Have fun while you’re doing it.
We believe that solving hard problems is easiest in a fun, relaxed, and collaborative environment. Our team enjoys a good joke as much as fixing a tough bug, and we’re looking for engineers who are excited about helping us ensure that Custora continues to be a place where people look forward to going to work.
While we make use of a wide variety of tools, our primary web stack is ES6/React, GraphQL, and Ruby on Rails deployed on AWS. We make extensive use of R and Spark for statistical analysis, and our primary data stores are Hive, MySQL, and Redis.
A day in the life:
- You'll help marketing execs make better decisions by developing new insights from their data and making those metrics available in our app.
- You'll expand the flexibility of our platform, integrating our Rails app with email service providers, data warehouses, and other online marketing tools.
- You'll participate in code review and sharing of technical challenges with other engineers.
- You'll support our Customer Success team, resolving technical issues for them and our customers.
- You'll coordinate with product and design teams in product refinement and advise them in technical planning.
- You'll play with office dogs and eat fancy birthday cakes, and maybe afterwards take a quick nap.
What it's like to work here:
- On Monday we eat and meet as a team to chat projects and progress.
- We’re 70 genuinely nice people. We work together and experiment with how to do things. It’s an amazing environment to both explore your professional interests and shape your career trajectory.
- We move quickly. You build something and the next day it comes to life. You see and feel an immediate impact with the collective efforts of the team.
- We’re building a company and a team we love. We’re in it for the long run.
- Read more about what makes us, us here.
- Find out more here or here.
Custora is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or socioeconomic status.
- 3+ years of direct software engineering experience
- Degree in Computer Science, bootcamp graduate, or a deep competency achieved via other means
- Experience developing large-scale, production applications using React and/or Ruby on Rails
- High standards for code quality and maintainability
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with GraphQL, MySQL, Redis, and Presto
- Experience working in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Experience working in e-commerce
- We’re a flexible work environment
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental and vision insurance (100% covered)
- Free lunch every day, plus free water — hot and cold!
- Unlimited vacation: take as much time as you need (we recommend at least 3 weeks)
- Monthly unlimited MetroCard