We're looking for a senior full stack engineer to help lead the engineering effort on our various projects. You'll be able to make technical decisions, lead development across the full application stack, and interface with our clients as a representative of Giant Machines engineering organization.
Our clients include financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies, and startups. GM’s product approach is user-focused, design forward. Our applications are well thought out, beautiful products that are also technically sound, well documented, and performant.
Our culture is deeply collaborative. We pair program, host lunch-and-learns, have group discussions, and generally work very closely together. You'll learn more, solve more interesting problems, push more production code, and build more software at Giant Machines in the first year than you would anywhere else.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of design and development of RESTful APIs.
- Experience with and knowledge of the following:
- Relational (e.g. Postgres) and/or NoSQL databases.
- Experience with ORM tools such as ActiveRecord, Sequelize, or Hibernate.
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku or Microsoft Azure.
- Containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Testing frameworks, unit and integration testing.
- DevOps and CI/CD.
- Ability to understand project requirements from a user perspective and make technical decisions that are in service of the goals of our clients.
- Ability to work closely with our client's internal teams.
- Experience in a consulting environment and an understanding of how to interact with a variety of different roles involved in a project, including project managers, developers, designers, and end users.
- Some familiarity with the financial industry is a plus.