Senior Full Stack Engineer
We're looking for an experienced full-stack developer to work on challenging problems and mentor other developers. You’ll be joining a small engineering team with the opportunity to take ownership of large slices of our technology stack. We have work in a wide range of areas - from complex data processing to modern, interactive web frontends - and want people who are excited about learning new technologies and passionate about transforming a broken industry. We’re also in a sweet spot for ambitious and talented engineers, since we have a lot of traction and are well-financed, but still have a small team responsible for a wide range of work.
What We Use
- Ruby on Rails (multiple user-facing and internal data processing applications)
- React Native
- PostgreSQL for data storage
- Apache Solr for search/indexing
- Hosting and deployment on Heroku and AWS
- Numerous workflow tools: GitHub, CircleCI, Slack, JIRA, etc.
What You'll Need
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- Comfort using relational databases in feature development: schema design, join tables, constraints, aggregates, etc.
- Comfort with basic computer science concepts: data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Comfort in Unix userland environment: grep, pipes, vim/emacs, etc.
- Interest in entire product design and development process
What We’d Like
- Experience in mobile development (mobile browsers, possibly mobile apps)
- Interest in different programming paradigms (functional, declarative, domain specific languages)
- Experience in both consumer-facing and enterprise applications
- Interest (not necessarily experience) in wine/spirits/beer and the restaurant industry
SevenFifty is the end-to-end supply chain software and communications platform for wholesale alcohol. We build software that powers a connected supply chain, bringing innovative technology to this massive but antiquated industry. With the largest user base in wholesale alcohol and the most complete dataset of products sold in the US, SevenFifty helps importers, producers, distributors, and retail buyers connect with each other and do business in a modern world.