Senior Full Stack Engineer
Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is a Series B startup at the forefront of a wave of change in a $6 trillion 401(k) market. Our investors are top players in the Fintech and Wealth management world. We are creating a platform that lowers fees across the board and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We have a roadmap that has a promising chance to fundamentally change this industry for the better. Also we have WFH Fridays!
If you want to be part of a team that scales this business to a new audience and helps bring our architecture and processes to the next level, then we would love to hear from you.
We take a modern Agile approach to web development, trusting cross-functional squads to make bottom up decisions in terms of roadmap prioritization, technical choices, and day-to-day processes.
We want squads to be first class citizens, working as a team to define their roadmap and prioritization, that follows best practices in development, automation testing, deploying, and support.
Who are we looking for?
The Engineering team is seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer with 3-5+ years of experience, who can be effective on all levels of our application stack, and is willing to play all necessary roles such as architect, tech lead, code reviewer, Agile coach, and mentor.
In short, we want to bring experienced engineers in to make key decisions regarding technology, architecture, and culture.
You’re a great fit for our team if you can balance detail-oriented tasks with long term strategy and scale initiatives. Most of all, you must be passionate about what you create and about the impact it can have. That matters to us, a lot.
- Extending core business logic within a shared backend codebase
- Architecting, modifying, and working with SQL-based Databases
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting automation test suites
- Experience building, specifying, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Working closely with Product, QA, and other Engineers, in a cross functional vertical team, and a willingness to play any role necessary within that team
Nice to have Experience
- Excellence in Scala, or a strong history with other functional languages
- Node, React, and other Js technologies
- Microservice architecture patterns
- Devops or sysops background, especially with Docker, and AWS services
- An understanding of SRE best practices, such as post-mortems, logging, alerting, and toil reduction
- CS Degree
Day to day you may additionally…
- Collaborate closely with other Senior Engineers and the rest of the Vestwell team to determine architecture for our core services
- Work with both engineering and product teams to drive solution design
- Create complex logical frameworks, workflows, RESTful API endpoints, and JSON formats to exchange key data with the rest of the platform
- Help plan, automate and scale our infrastructure
- Provide production support and train the junior engineers
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, WFH Fridays, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible, close to all transportation between Bryant Park and Herald Square in NYC. We offer relocation if needed. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
No third parties please!
Please note we don't ask about salary history from any applicant and salary history is not a factor in a hiring decision.