Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (Android/API - Device Management) at Peloton
You will be working within an agile scrum team and building the command center for Peloton Connected Fitness Device. The Device Management team is looking for a hybrid API/Android developer who is comfortable moving back and forth between client (Android) and the back end. You will get the opportunity to expand your existing knowledge and work on different technologies across the API, the Web, and the Android app. We're looking for a team member that can jump into any part of the stack, work with third party integrations (AWS/slack) and likes the challenge of making a whole ecosystem talk to each other.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on the process, technology, and communication throughout the team. You will also have a responsibility to mentor junior engineers technically and in their professional growth.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- In depth Android Experience while programming Kotlin based API services
- Experience building backend framework at scale
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud Computing framework (AWS)
- Experience designing RESTful API
- Experience with data modeling and at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)a
- Ability to own and deliver end to end software functionality from design/architect to implementation, to testing, to production release and monitoring
- Ability to manage complex cross-team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience building Enterprise Device Management Software
- Experience building and publishing Android application to Play Store
- Experience with Terraform and/or Chef
- Have a solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks
- Have experience leading full-stack development and engineering
- Have an MS in Computer Science or Engineering
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.