Transfix, named one of Forbes' "Next Billion-Dollar Startups" in 2018, is the leading freight marketplace that's transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, connecting shippers to a national network of reliable carriers. Fortune 500 companies such as Anheuser-Busch, Unilever, and Target rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing tools, guaranteed capacity, data-driven insights, and reliable service, Transfix is changing the world of transportation one load at a time. Join us, and leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
Senior Full-stack Engineers at Transfix work within cross-functional product development teams, owning, designing, and delivering large projects and components. They draw on their deep technical experience to identify ideal design patterns and facilitate adopting them in our codebase and across the team.
Our Senior Engineers make substantial impacts by ensuring delivery of new product initiatives, proactively identifying and refactoring bottlenecks, and improving the performance and resilience of our production systems as our business grows year over year.
Transfix is hiring for all senior levels of our engineering career ladder, including Senior Engineer, Staff Engineer, Senior Staff Engineer, and Principal Engineer—with compensation that is commensurate with experience and impact.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Build the core freight-management software platform that allows Transfix to serve a variety of players in the freight transportation sector—manufacturers, national retail chains, trucking companies, dispatchers, truck drivers, and more.
- Leverage Continuous Deployment and Automated Testing to enable rapid delivery of new products, APIs, and services.
- Propose meaningful improvements to our software architecture and design patterns, supported by prototypes and data-driven evidence, and be willing to drive proposals through adoption within the team.
- Play an active role in production software operations. Our engineers collaborate closely and quickly to resolve critical bugs and service outages, lead cross-functional post-mortems, and identify meaningful learnings from incidents.
- Expand the influence of your career experience and technical capabilities by mentoring and collaborating with other engineers and partners. As a Senior Engineer at Transfix, your career trajectory is to amplify your impact in ways that surpass what you can achieve individually with a text editor.
- Our tech stack is comprised of Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Dynamo, Kinesis, and Snowflake. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We monitor our production software with tools like New Relic and Datadog.
- You have 5+ years professional experience in web software engineering.
- You have significant experience working within a modern front-end framework (e.g. React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Meteor).
- You take pride in delivering high-quality products and build confidence in the software you deploy using a combination of automated testing, manual testing, and monitoring tools.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.