WHO ARE WE?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account, which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. We have built a digital-first platform designed to reset the bar to power a $30T industry.
Our focus is to build the most flexible, powerful workplace savings and investment platform, delivered through the hands and minds of our financial services partners with the help of payroll providers. We make the hard stuff look easy, by combining the expertise of financial advice with the sophistication of a technology provider.
As a result, financial advisors get to provide the advice and solution that employers and employees have been asking for, while growing and scaling along the way. Employers get a cost-effective solution design for their needs without the headache, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long-term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of a much-needed change in a 40-yr old industry. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun.
We take a modern Agile approach to web development, trusting cross-functional squads to make bottom up decisions in terms of roadmap prioritization, technical choices, and day-to-day processes.
We want squads to be first class citizens, working as a team to define their roadmap and prioritization, that follows best practices in development, automation testing, deploying, and support.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Engineering team is seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer with 3-5+ years of experience, who can be effective on all levels of our application stack, and is willing to play all necessary roles such as architect, tech lead, code reviewer, Agile coach, and mentor.
In short, we want to bring experienced engineers in to make key decisions regarding technology, architecture, and culture.
You’re a great fit for our team if you can balance detail-oriented tasks with long term strategy and scale initiatives. Most of all, you must be passionate about what you create and about the impact it can have. That matters to us, a lot.
- Extending core business logic within a shared backend codebase
- Architecting, modifying, and working with SQL-based Databases
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting automation test suites
- Experience building, specifying, and consuming RESTful APIs
- Working closely with Product, QA, and other Engineers, in a cross functional vertical team, and a willingness to play any role necessary within that team
Nice to have Experience
- Excellence in Scala, or a strong history with other functional languages
- Node, React, and other Js technologies
- Microservice architecture patterns
- Devops or sysops background, especially with Docker, and AWS services
- An understanding of SRE best practices, such as post-mortems, logging, alerting, and toil reduction
- CS Degree
Day to day you may additionally…
- Collaborate closely with other Senior Engineers and the rest of the Vestwell team to determine architecture for our core services
- Work with both engineering and product teams to drive solution design
- Create complex logical frameworks, workflows, RESTful API endpoints, and JSON formats to exchange key data with the rest of the platform
- Help plan, automate and scale our infrastructure
- Provide production support and train the junior engineers
We’re a growth stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage and an open vacation policy. We also have a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options in midtown Manhattan so you can be as productive as possible, and we hope to be back there once we’ve beaten this virus. In the meantime, we provide the team with all the equipment they need (plus a few perks) to work effectively remotely. Oh, and naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
No third parties please!