Narrativ is a technology platform for brands to unlock, manage, and grow their share of product reviews on the open web.
Why is this important? We’ve seen a decade’s worth of e-commerce growth in 2020, and the emergence of a smarter consumer who demands a better way to buy than ads. They’re turning to expert product reviews on trusted sources ranging from The New York Times to their favorite YouTuber. But only Amazon is reaping the benefits today, commanding a $40B monopoly on product reviews online.
Narrativ’s patented technology empowers everyone to win. We build the tech and tools to turn honest reviews that tell the whole story about a product into a multibillion dollar acquisition channel for all brands. Teams at Sephora, Best Buy, L’Oreal and hundreds of others already partner with Narrativ to yield more efficient results than Facebook and Google.
Our work breaking Amazon’s monopoly and fixing broken and out-of-stock links on the Internet has gotten us recognized by The World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and by Fast Company as one of the best places to work for innovators.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing, fast: Narrativ’s platform hosts 50+ partners spending $20mm+ a year including Best Buy, L’Oreal, Sephora, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Nordstrom, and Samsung. We’ve doubled revenue so far in 2020.
- We have a talented team: We’re a team of 50+ from places like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and Etsy with a female founder that’s been awarded by the Financial Times, Forbes, and Inc. We’re hiring quickly, with plans to double our team in the next year.
- We’re challenging the status quo: Breaking monopolies and diversifying industries is in our DNA. Come join us on our mission to democratize product recommendations for all and build a better internet for shoppers.
Come join us on our mission to build a better Internet for shoppers!
Narrativ is looking for a full stack software engineer to build well-performing, highly usable applications to manage millions of dollars of gross merchandise value in Narrativ’s groundbreaking marketplace. You care about fast loading times, idiomatic APIs design, and usability. You’re comfortable using a relational database like PostgreSQL or MySQL, and know when to use alternative databases like Redis for caching. You work well with designers, product people, and other engineers to continuously release new features and improvements.
You are a Fullstack Engineer at Narrativ 💽
- Build snappy, intuitive web applications to control millions of dollars of gross merchandise value.
- Build search and reporting interfaces to interact with terabytes of data.
- Create API endpoints and supporting SDKs to gather product recommendation and purchase information in realtime and batch modes.
- New account management UI that reduces the currently high rate of error when configuring merchant campaigns.
- Increase the number of accounts a single growth manager can handle by creating tools and automation to multiply their ability
- Reduce the amount of manual work required to detect and resolve integrations issues by building more resilient systems and improved SDKs
- Support the planned growth of new merchants and maintenance of existing merchants for 2020 and beyond (currently under 50, EOY target over 120-150).
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of engineers in different stages of their careers; make them better at their jobs, advocate for the, and unblock them
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Refactor and tackle technical debt in the code base. Improve team capabilities with documentation, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Put in place best practices that allow for experimentation using data.
- Lead sprints and sprint planning while syndicating the companies values, mission and objectives in all that we do
- Take part in the software planning process, e.g. creating and estimating JIRA tickets, QAing feature, etc.
- Enhance business and tech stakeholder relationships
- Building and hiring a team almost from scratch
- This role is front-end leaning
- Working knowledge of basic SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with some frontend framework like React, Angular, Vue or similar.
- The dedication to keeping up with new developments in tech
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Important Notice: We are putting the health and safety of our employees first. For the balance of 2020, we’ll be working from home. WIth so much uncertainty in the world, this is a decision that helped eliminate the anxiety associated with commuting and gave our teammates one less thing to worry about.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.