Narrativ is a subscription technology platform for brands to acquire new customers through trusted creators, not sponsored content or ads. By building the commerce and payments infrastructure for the 50 million+ creator economy, Narrativ introduces the first real alternative to the outdated e-commerce growth playbook.
Brands know consumers are tired of being inundated with ads that only tell one side of the story - yet the marketing playbook hasn’t evolved. Unlike search engine marketing or social marketing, creators are at the center of consumer trust today. Creators who build on Narrativ’s infrastructure are honest and unbiased, represent diverse voices, and speak with integrity and specificity.
Narrativ’s platform gives all brands and creators - not just the top 1% - the tools to win in the $50 billion creator economy by building trust with consumers, not selling ads. We’ve been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer and one of Fast Company World’s Most Innovative Companies alongside giants like Google, Microsoft, and Slack.
Do you share our vision for decentralizing the institutions that control the Internet today? Come join our team.
Why you should work here:
- We’re growing fast, without constantly diluting your equity: Narrativ is growing 3-4X year over year (yep, you read that right). Hundreds of brands joined Narrativ’s platform in the last year, from enterprises like Best Buy, Sephora, and Samsung, to rising brands like Yeti, Cariuma, and Peace Out Skincare.
- Massive TAM, unique approach: We’re tackling the creator economy and e-commerce, a $50-150 billion market. Narrativ’s unique approach is that we believe technology is not neutral – its values are encoded by its creators. We value integrity, specificity, and diversity (not just scale at all costs).
- Join a strong, diverse team: We’re more than doubling in size and growing to a team of 130 by the end of the year. Narrativ is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – more than 50% of our leadership team are women. We’ve taken the 15% pledge both in our talent strategy and across creators on our platform. We’re amplifying our diverse team’s support of communities of color by matching 200% of all individual donations as a company.
Last, but very important, we are a startup: We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to wield the chaos that comes with true creation, explore ambiguity, set the bar for excellence, and have full ownership over their impact. You’ll never be a cog in a machine here, but you won’t have the established blueprints of being one either. If all this sounds exciting to you, come join us.
Narrativ is looking for a full stack software engineer to build well-performing, highly usable applications to manage millions of dollars of gross merchandise value in Narrativ’s groundbreaking marketplace. You care about fast loading times, idiomatic APIs design, and usability. You’re comfortable using a relational database like PostgreSQL or MySQL, and know when to use alternative databases like Redis for caching. You work well with designers, product people, and other engineers to continuously release new features and improvements.
You are a Fullstack Engineer at Narrativ 💽
- Build snappy, intuitive web applications to control millions of dollars of gross merchandise value.
- Build search and reporting interfaces to interact with terabytes of data.
- Create API endpoints and supporting SDKs to gather product recommendation and purchase information in realtime and batch modes.
- New account management UI that reduces the currently high rate of error when configuring merchant campaigns.
- Increase the number of accounts a single growth manager can handle by creating tools and automation to multiply their ability
- Reduce the amount of manual work required to detect and resolve integrations issues by building more resilient systems and improved SDKs
- Support the planned growth of new merchants and maintenance of existing merchants for 2020 and beyond (currently under 50, EOY target over 120-150).
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a team of engineers in different stages of their careers; make them better at their jobs, advocate for the, and unblock them
- Ensure quality and ease of deployment by writing thorough unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Refactor and tackle technical debt in the code base. Improve team capabilities with documentation, code reviews, and pair programming.
- Put in place best practices that allow for experimentation using data.
- Lead sprints and sprint planning while syndicating the companies values, mission and objectives in all that we do
- Take part in the software planning process, e.g. creating and estimating JIRA tickets, QAing feature, etc.
- Enhance business and tech stakeholder relationships
- Building and hiring a team almost from scratch
- This role is front-end leaning
- Working knowledge of basic SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience with some frontend framework like React, Angular, Vue or similar.
- The dedication to keeping up with new developments in tech
- Strong communication and organizational skills, motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Important Notice: Narrativ will be going fully remote in 2021 and anticipate being a fully remote organization moving forward!
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.