About Clear Street Markets:
At Clear Street Markets, we are adding liquidity and transparency to electronic markets across the globe. The Clear Street Markets core development team provides an ultra-low latency system for algorithmic trading, including direct market access, order management and execution, trade visualization, and market data analysis. Our cross discipline team holds degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, and Statistics. We share ideas and collaborate to maximize our differing experiences and backgrounds. Our team finds inspiration everywhere, including academia and parallel industries, sparking our next great ideas.
As a member of the Core Engineering team, you will work with low-level engineers and traders to build and optimize the systems that our markets business relies on.
- Design and implement elegant GUIs with scalable data layers.
- Architect and design new features and products that our traders and operations staff interact with daily.
- Take ownership in creating an architecture to centralize operational tasks, to be used by user frontends and other back office services.
- Be challenged to deliver reliable services in a high stakes environment and an unparalleled user experience.
- Iterate rapidly on features, tooling, and processes as we launch new products and enhance existing ones.
- Act as a voice of experience on the team, helping top mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
- Have the opportunity to interact with a variety of exciting technologies to span the distance between user and the trading system.
- You have 5+ years of experience delivering products where you took ownership of design and implementation from the ground up, using Python and related frameworks, such as Flask.
- You take pride in helping your team in delivering great products; prioritizing usability and clarity while designing and implementing reliable services and APIs.
- You enjoy learning and exploring new frameworks, component libraries, and tools. You invest in yourself and you find joy in sharing your learnings with others.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- Interaction with a new and modular trading system and the opportunity to write a greenfield, cleanly separated service stack.
- An environment that embraces the utility of DevOps culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.