Peloton is extending its technology platform in support of a new member acquisition channel within its Ecommerce division. As part of this effort, we are seeking a Senior Fullstack Engineer with experience building solutions for B2B / B2B2C who have a penchant for innovative thinking, strategic solutioning, and rapid, iterative software delivery.
Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness and wellbeing empowering people to be the best version of themselves anytime, anywhere. As we continue to grow towards our goal of 100 million members we are increasing the reach of the brand and improving access to the product by launching a platform to support high growth B2B2C opportunities. Peloton is looking for engineers who are passionate about innovating with a members-first approach to product and technology, ready to build for scale, and excited about data privacy and security by design.
Hiring a Senior Fullstack Engineer with 8+ years of experience to help develop and manage a benefit platform that supports eligibility data and verification, participation lifecycle management, benefit design and configuration, and engagement data reporting. This platform also integrates with a number of core Peloton systems, many of which are in continuous states of evolution. Being able to build secure, scalable, and performant software in both green and brownfield systems along with being comfortable communicating and collaborating cross-functionally across a variety of different teams are key qualities for success in this role.
The engineering teams are highly collaborative and often leverage mob programming practices to tackle challenging problems in a thought provoking environment while helping to spread knowledge. We are a disciplined and focused team with an eye towards continuous refinement in how we build product in order to cultivate innovation, nourish teamwork, and support deep work and achieving flow. We are a remote team and therefore rely heavily on frequent communication, video interactions, and live diagramming / whiteboarding sessions. Our team is built on trust and transparency as we work hard and play hard.
- A technology generalist with strong foundations in Java, Kotlin, Typescript, or Python who is deeply familiar with web frameworks such as Django, Spring, Ktor, or React.
- Someone who is excited about and capable of contributing to solutions across the technology stack, from user interfaces to bare metal.
- Experienced applying domain driven design and clean architecture principles to achieve loose coupling and high extensibility across systems.
- Familiar with building in a service oriented and API driven architecture with knowledge of patterns and best practices for enabling business velocity and system robustness.
- Test-driven in spirit but know where and how to apply it.
- Meticulous about documentation and experienced in using it to propose solutions, manage change, canonize knowledge, and support audit excellence.
- An excellent collaborator and comfortable engaging with both technical and non-technical audiences across the organization to understand requirements, ideate solutions, or present proposals.
- Passionate about mentorship of your peers and take an active interest in supporting the growth and development of those around you.
- Open about your opinions but willing to embrace others’ ideas.
- Empathetic, patient, and kind but thoughtfully candid and direct.
- Continuously improving and not afraid to identify and strengthen your weaknesses.
- You have worked with messaging technologies like Kafka, Amazon SQS, or Amazon EventBridge. Additional bonus points if used in support of Service Oriented or Microservice Architectures
- You have experience building solutions within regulated environments and a keen sense for balancing risk adversity with business velocity and customer success.
- You have some experience working with any number of the following technologies:
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, Auth0, NoSQL
- Frontend: GraphQL / Apollo, TypeScript, React
- Enterprise IT: SAP, Dell Boomi, headless ecommerce, Salesforce
- Testing: Testrail, Percy, Cypress / Playwright
- User Engagement: Optimizely, Mandrill, Sendgrid, Segment, Amplitude
- You have developed and delivered products to B2B / B2B2C customers or otherwise have experience building innovative benefit solutions for corporate or health plan customers.
- You are a big fan of Peloton’s products and excited about the opportunity to participate as the users of what we are building.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.