We are looking for a passionate fullstack engineer who is enthusiastic about and has experience building scalable, secure full-stack systems. At Peloton, you will have the opportunity to rapidly change the face of the fitness industry. You will be working in a high velocity software engineering environment, in a team, building systems which service fitness content to all Peloton consumers over connected and digital devices. You will be responsible for leading large scale projects, collaborating within the team, and with cross functional teams on estimating project scopes, setting milestones, as well as identifying project risks and dependencies.Responsibilities
Design and Development
- Assume technical responsibility for new services and our studio & product content management tools and functionality, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Identify and lead technical initiatives to build clean, robust, and performant applications.
- Contribute to the design of software architecture and development of new features and functionalities in the stack.
- Lead, coach, pair with, and mentor junior frontend software engineers.
- Mentor software engineers from diverse backgrounds to nurture a culture of ownership, learning, automation, re-use, and engineering efficiency through the use of software design patterns and industry best practices.
- Engage in code reviews helping maintain our coding standards.
Drive Large-scale Projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Product, Design, Program Management in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives.
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects into milestones and identifying risks and dependencies.
- Experience in building scalable frameworks that supports a rapid growing user base
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Experience in building frontend (React, Angular or similar technologies)
- Experience building Python or Java based backend framework at scale
- Experience with designing RESTful API
- Experience with working on service oriented architecture and RPC design
- Experience with data modeling and at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience with developing secure API endpoints
- Deep understanding of HTTP, TCP, SSL in API context
- Ability to own and deliver end to end API functionality from design/architect, to implementation, to testing, to production release and monitoring
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or in similar discipline years of work experience
- Have solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have experience in building secure consumer facing APIs
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience leading backend development and engineering
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once it is safe to re-open the office.About Peloton
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.